As a User Experience Designer at Kapitus, you’ll be responsible for helping our customers find lending options to grow their small businesses. Specifically, you will be creating a frictionless experience for our merchants and partners by establishing a UX practice, expanding our material-based design system, and designing our next generation of apps.
What You’ll Do
You’ll start as a team of one. You will work with small scrum teams and have endless opportunities to continue learning while teaching others the value and importance of design thinking.
- Lead end-to-end UX/UI process to design our next generation of apps.
- Take ownership of our material-based component library in Figma.
- Collaborate with development teams to slice designs for development and release planning.
- Develop feedback loops with internal stakeholders and external customers to validate and solicit ideas.
- Create experiments to test new ideas and concepts.
You are internally motivated and creative; design thinking is firmly rooted in the way you think and work. Passion for your craft will go a long way in making you successful in this role.
- Communicating and collaborating with others comes naturally to you. Involving others in the creative process is valuable for you to create frictionless and intuitive experiences for your end-users.
- You might secretly sketch out empathy maps for members of your team to understand them better.
- Educating others about design thinking and facilitating interactive workshops genuinely excites you.
- Co-workers love your experimental mindset; you to create and test new concepts independently.
- Going to conferences and meetups is oddly therapeutic for you because sharing wisdom and acquiring new knowledge brings you joy.
- You are not bashful discussing how we can all improve the way we work together. You like giving and receiving constructive feedback so each of us can learn and grow.
- You’ve been part of a few different teams and have seen enough different ways of incorporating a UX/UI practice across a company that you feel ready to establish and lead a new practice of your own.
- Bonus points if you have experience with material design and enjoy using Figma.
Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, we are able to provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed.
We’ve spent the past 13 years building a culture that makes us excited to come to work in the morning. Our company is fast paced, teammates need to be self-directed and have an internal motivation to do the right thing, even when the right thing takes a lot of hard work.
We show our teammates our appreciation by offering great benefits, competitive pay, and solid opportunity for growth.