As a Product Owner at Kapitus, you’ll be responsible for helping our customers find lending options to grow their companies. Specifically, you will be creating a frictionless digital experience for our merchants and partners by leading the expansion of customer portal.
You’ll act as the “CEO” of your product by working with customers, developers, and internal stakeholders to ensure that we fully-understand market needs, are staying true to our core mission, and building the most valuable features possible. You are responsible for growth and risk – accountable for achieving business objectives and financial metrics, communicating to all levels of the organization, and crafting an agile roadmap to guide the product to market.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be part of a small, persistent team and have endless opportunities to take on responsibility, continue learning, and mentor others.
- Craft a vision and strategy based on input from customers, stakeholders, and the development team that can be clearly communicated to all levels of the organization.
- Develop feedback loops with internal stakeholders and external customers to validate and solicit ideas and utilize data to drive decisions.
- Work daily with development and analytics teams to clarify the vision, requirements, and priorities.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to properly position products in the marketplace.
- Continuously adapt the plan by adjusting scope and priorities to deliver the most valuable solutions possible.
- Balance the value of deliverables with their associated cost and risk.
- Own the product backlog, objectively balancing directions from multiple stakeholders.
- Define user stories that are ready for the development team.
You are an internally motivated Product Owner, Scrum and Design Thinking are firmly rooted in the way you think and work. Passion for your craft will go a long way in making you successful in this role.
- You sometimes speak in user stories and have been known to set OKRs in your personal life.
- The thought of inherit ambiguity and risk that comes with creating new things genuinely excites you. You have an experimental mindset that spurs you to test ideas and validate assumptions using data.
- You have no problem saying no to one-hundred good ideas so you can focus on delivering one great idea.
- You can speak to the needs of the C-suite just as fluently as end-users, the thought of being a Rosetta stone between stakeholders, developers, and customers genuinely excites you.
- Going to conferences and meetups are oddly therapeutic for you. You’ve given a presentation or two because you enjoy sharing wisdom and acquiring new knowledge.
- Love for learning drives you to independently study so your skills are always up to date, likely leading to you earning your PSPO or CSPO.
- You have great communication and collaboration skills, an innate sense of user empathy, and an obsession with delivering solutions that provides value to end-users.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner delivering measurable business value. You are a major fan of BDD, take pride in crafting minimum responsible documentation using Gherkin, and love to have spirited discussions on best practices for prioritizing your backlog.
Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, we are able to provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed.
We’ve spent the past 13 years building a culture that makes us excited to come to work in the morning. Our company is fast paced, teammates need to be self-directed and have an internal motivation to do the right thing, even when the right thing takes a lot of hard work.
We show our teammates our appreciation by offering great benefits, competitive pay, and solid opportunity for growth.