Lead Full Stack Developer, Risk
New York NY
As lead developer at Kapitus, you will be part of a persistent scrum team focused on designing and developing our next generation risk platform. This will help us continue to help small business owners find lending options so they can make payroll during tough times, scale to meet market demands, and making large purchases to scale their operations.
What You’ll Do
teammates will be distributed between NYC and Chennai.
- Design, code, and test software that makes you proud enough to contribute to our ever-growing wiki.
- Build a deep understanding of our current infrastructure and help us find ways to make it better.
- Partner with other developers to help find solutions for technical problems they are facing.
- Advocate for agile engineering practices and DevOps mindset that will help raise the bar for our software.
You are an internally motivated developer, extensibility and maintainability are firmly rooted in the way you think and work. Passion for your craft will go a long way in making you successful in this role.
- Clean code is important to you because friends don’t let friends leave dangling array references after foreach loops!
- The first time you stood up a continuous deployment pipeline, committed code, and saw a Jenkins notification come through that said “SUCCESS” was one of the greatest moments of your life.
- You write great tests. Not tests for the sake of tests, but tests that help your team think through code design and protect themselves from regression so they can ultimately move faster.
- The thought of inherit ambiguity and solving complex problems genuinely excites you. You have an experimental mindset that spurs you to test ideas and validate assumptions using data.
- You are involved in the local development community and find meetups oddly therapeutic. You love learning and are constantly working to keep your skills up to date.
- There is an entrepreneurial spark that drives you to design and develop great products. You understand that for software to be successful, it has to meet real needs and drive meaningful business value.
- You have great communication and collaboration skills, an innate sense of curiosity, and an obsession with delivering products that bring end-users joy.
- Over the past 8+ years you’ve been busy building software, possibly for a financial service or fintech company.
- There is a good chance that you’ve got a repo or two on GitHub that we should check out.
Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, we are able to provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it’s needed.
We’ve spent the past 13 years building a culture that makes us excited to come to work in the morning. Our company is fast paced, teammates need to be self-directed and have an internal motivation to do the right thing, even when the right thing takes a lot of hard work.
We show our teammates our appreciation by offering great benefits, competitive pay, and solid opportunity for growth.
Position Application Instructions:
Interested candidates should send a resume to: [email protected]