At Kapitus, we strive to empower every business to succeed by providing the best financing options – when they need it and how they need it. Whether we are working with a business directly or through a strategic partner, we will work diligently to provide the most convenient, cost- effective and appropriate financing solution for a business’s needs. We promise to keep the best interests of our clients at the center of the financing process by operating with transparency, fairness, and integrity. We will continue to empower small businesses to make educated financial decisions, as we have since our inception in 2006.
The Director of Legal Operations – is responsible for building a team, setting Legal collections strategy, establishing goals, monitoring production, and managing personnel within the Kapitus Legal Operations department. The Director of Legal Operations will have significant exposure to senior management and will be an active participant in the development of the operational strategy of the servicing organization.
- Provide strong leadership in a rapidly growing and rapidly changing business environment
- Maintain effective credit and collections practices to minimize Legal recoveries while adhering to all applicable regulations and compliance requirements
- Modernize and lead day to day Legal Collections operations.
- Manage, coach, and develop direct reports.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure efficient workflow in the processing and handling of legal recovery accounts
- Establish, measure and report on key performance metrics (department level and individual level KPIs) to assess departmental effectiveness and identify areas of weakness/opportunity
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to recruit, hire and train new team members and manage staffing to ensure headcount levels are adequate to achieve outlined KPIs
- Collaborate with senior leaders in Risk, Underwriting, Legal and Finance in the creation and execution of pre- and post-charge off collections and recoveries strategies
- Identify and recommend advancements to all collections/recovery specific platforms, systems, and tools to support operational effectiveness, improve customer experience, and to remain at the forefront of technology in the collections space
- Work with Accounting, IT, Operations, and other departments to improve the Kapitus operating platform and promote efficiency company-wide
- Responsibilities are subject to change to best suit the needs and interests of the business
- College Degree – Bachelors minimum
- 10+ Years of Collections Related Experience
- 5+ Years of Legal Collections Operations and Strategy in Small Business or Commerical Required
- 5+ Years of People Management Experience
- SME on BK POC Operations and KPIs
- SME on Judgment Enforcement Operations and KPIs
- SME on Estate Operations and KPIs
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
- Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to motivate team members
The Benefits of Working at Kapitus
- Competitive Base Salary
- Incentive eligibility based on KPI’s and quality results
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance at No Cost to Employees
- PTO Including Rollover Vacation Days
- Commuter Benefits
Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, we are able to provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed.
We’ve spent the past 13 years building a culture that makes us excited to come to work in the morning. Our company is fast paced, teammates need to be self-directed and have an internal motivation to do the right thing, even when the right thing takes a lot of hard work.
We show our teammates our appreciation by offering great benefits, competitive pay, and solid opportunity for growth.