Collections Team Manager
At Kapitus, our mission is to empower every business to succeed by providing the best financing options – when they need it and how they need it. Whether we are working with a business directly or through a strategic partner, we will work diligently to provide the most convenient, cost- effective and appropriate financing solution for a business’s needs. We promise to keep the best interests of our clients at the center of the financing process by operating with transparency, fairness, and integrity. We will continue to empower small businesses to make educated financial decisions, as we have since our inception in 2006.
The Collections Team Manager, reporting to the Director of Servicing Operations, is responsible for staffing and managing the efforts of a collections team, delivering on the department’s performance goals, providing consistent and timely coaching to staff, while promoting a positive and inclusive environment throughout the department. The Collections Team Manager will work with other business areas and senior management to improve business practices and the customer experience.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Provide strong leadership in a rapidly growing and rapidly changing business environment
- Maintain effective collections practices to promote customer repayment activities, while adhering to all legal regulations and compliance requirements
- Manage, coach, and develop people
- Identify and implement procedures to ensure efficient workflow in the processing and handling of delinquent accounts
- Measure and report on key performance metrics (team level and individual level) to assess departmental effectiveness and identify areas of weakness/opportunity
- Partner with the Director of Servicing Operations and HR to recruit, hire and train new team members and manage staffing to ensure headcount levels are adequate to achieve outlined KPIs
- Collaborate with senior leaders in Risk, Underwriting, Legal and Finance in the creation and execution of pre and post-charge off collections and recoveries strategies
- Identify and recommend advancements to all collections/recovery specific platforms, systems and tools to support operational effectiveness, improve customer experience, and to remain at the forefront of technology in the collections space
Qualification and Traits:
- 3+ Years of Collections or Recovery Operations Experience/li>
- 4+ Years of People Management Experience/li>
- Call Center experience/li>
- Experience being a SME contributor for policies and procedures/li>
- Experience driving metric and quality performance/li>
- College Degree – Bachelors minimum
The Benefits of Working at Kapitus:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance at No Cost to Employees
- PTO Including Rollover Vacation Days
Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, we are able to provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed.
We’ve spent the past 13 years building a culture that makes us excited to come to work in the morning. Our company is fast paced, teammates need to be self-directed and have an internal motivation to do the right thing, even when the right thing takes a lot of hard work.
We show our teammates our appreciation by offering great benefits, competitive pay, and solid opportunity for growth.
Position Application Instructions:
Interested candidates should send a resume to: [email protected]