Help Kapitus Award $250,000 in Cash Prizes to Deserving Business Owners!
Kapitus is excited to announce the finalists for its inaugural, $250,000 Building Resilient Businesses contest after weeks of painstakingly judging over 300 video submissions. The contest was launched this summer as a way for Kapitus to give back to the small business community, which represents the backbone of America’s economy and personifies the American Dream of hard work, sacrifice and success.
The submissions, which came from small businesses scattered across 37 states and the DC metro area, were all distinct and well-thought-out, but 15 videos stood out for their passion, storytelling, creativity, and the ways in which they would use the first-place prize of $100,000 to benefit and grow their businesses.
Now that the 15 finalists have been chosen, Kapitus is relying on you, the public, to vote on which of the finalists should be included among the 7 winners of the competition.
The prizes are:
- 1st place (one winner): $100,000
- 2nd place (one winner): $50,000
- 3rd place (five winners): $20,000
- All winners will be given a complimentary, 8-hour consulting/advisory session to help them with their businesses. Advisory sessions are available in digital marketing, financial management and data analytics.
The finalists’ videos were chosen by members of Kapitus based on their storytelling, creativity, enthusiasm and the ways in which they would use the $100,000 for their business, but members of the public can use whatever criteria they see fit when voting. To vote for your favorite, please go to https://kapitus.com/brb-vote/, carefully watch the videos, and select the one you believe stands out above the rest. Only one vote is allowed per person and voting is open from Monday, September 19, 2022 through Monday, October 10, 2022
Please help us congratulate the 15 finalists (listed in reverse alphabetical order):
- The Tree Yoga Cooperative – South Los Angeles, CA – Black & Latina-Owned hub of holistic wellness and community support. We provide accessible, inclusive, trauma-informed and culturally centered yoga classes and training to all body types, abilities and ages.
- the Enchanted Rose Emporium – Vancouver, WA – Providing a unique collection of vintage style gifts and craft supplies emphasizing sustainability and teaching classes in the handcrafting skills of yesterday to children and adults – preserving these art forms.
- TFTI Experience – Houston, TX – Houston’s original photo experience. 15+ creative installations for jaw-dropping photos including Infinity Mirrors, LOVE Letters, Upside Down room, DJ Confetti Room and more. TFTI has something fun for everyone.
- Superfit Hero – Los Angeles, CA – Superfit Hero is the world’s most inclusive line of premium plus size activewear for women, with sizes L-7XL. Fitness is for Every Body.
- Strands of Faith – Pearl, MS – SOF is a conscious beauty brand curated and formulated with cruelty free rich ingredients to nourish, restore, and refresh textured strands while increasing moisture-length retention and overall healthy hair.
- Stir it Up – Fairbanks, AK – Inspired by a little boy with allergies and a town lacking options, Stir It Up provides options for your dietary lifestyle, guaranteed. A women-owned company specializing in gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian & low-carb options.
- Postal Petals – West Hollywood, CA – A new way for people to enjoy the beauty of flowers through the experience of arranging them. Fresh-cut flowers are shipped nationwide for customers to create their own DIY floral arrangements.
- Play Pits – Atlanta, GA – 100% all-natural deodorant, free of aluminum, parabens, synthetic fragrances, and harsh chemicals. Play Pits is a mother’s solution to providing a kid-friendly, all-natural hygiene option for youth with active lifestyles.
- Monolith Games – Siloam Springs, AR – A small husband- and wife-owned board and card game shop. We have created a safe space where people can hang out, play games, and above all – be themselves.
- Kai’s Kookies – Houston, TX – Specialty bakery offering low-carb gluten-free treats with no added sugar. Inspired by a father and daughter who recreated their baking style due to allergies and a commitment to improving health.
- Frères Branchiaux Candle Co – Indian Head, MD – Frères Branchiaux Candle Co. is a mission-based company that creates vegan fragrance products. Founders Collin, Ryan, and Austin Gill have donated $40K to homeless shelters through sales of their products.
- Fat Lady Cakes – Amherst, NY – Fat Lady’s Cakes and Pies specializes in the creation of gourmet desserts made from all-natural ingredients. From classics to new innovations, we offer a full range of flavorful treats.
- Courtside ATL – Lithonia GA – Creating VIP basketball experiences where anyone can participate, by deconstructing the game into: Shoot, Dribble & Pass. We employ tech features to transform, gamify and transfer content for elevated experiences.
- Brash Brownies – Winston-Salem, NC – A mobile, black woman-owned, bakery with small batch desserts based on old family recipes and innovative imagination. Brash Brownies is bringing Louisiana culture to North Carolina.
- Black People Will Swim – Long Island, NY – Smashing the stereotype that Black people don’t swim, Black People Will Swim is based on four foundational pillars encouraging people to F.A.C.E. (Fun. Awareness. Community. Education) their fears.
Official winners will be announced by October 28, 2022.
(Originally Published September 19, 2o22)